Thursday 28 April 2016

OUGD505 - Studio Brief 01 - Romania money research

After going to Romania with Paayal Makdani we both found it interesting how the Romanian paper was so traditional yet the paper was not able to crease or to be ripped. Romania introduced a plastic banknote, which the government says is rip-resistant, virtually impossible to counterfeit, and won’t melt in the dryer or freeze in the winter. This is something that would work within my designs as it would show harmony, and unity. By the paper not being able to rip it represents gender equality and how everything should work together and not against each other.

What I like about the banknote is that it has modern features of non ripping paper however, it is still very traditional with how it has been designed. I also like that they have someone iconic within their designs and makes it feel like an iconic individual country. Some of the banknotes consist of iconic architecture whilst other contain iconic members. Each note is identified with a different colour and to me the designs look as if they get more intricate and more 'worthy' as the price of the Leu gets bigger.  

The polymer-based banknote is the first in a series, and includes holograms, metallic elements and a clear, see-through window designed to make them harder to counterfeit.I personally really like the idea of holograms and see through designs making it harder to fraud money. I also think holograms and see through designs are the future of banknotes.

For my own banknote I would like to try to create a design that would be see-through relating back to the future and making changes so that it would be harder to fraud my money. I also like how every bank note is different and changes dramatically in colour. Personally, I really liked these bank notes and will be using them to further my research.







No comments:

Post a Comment