Friday 22 April 2016

OUGD505 - Studio Brief 01 - Concept

My concept that I have chosen is to choose a country that does not believe that woman and men are equal and create a campaign within the banknote to help promote gender equality. After having a discussion with my flatmates about gender equality I thought this would be a good brief to create a banknote that could potentially change the way we see men but especially directed towards women. 

In particular I have looked at the campaign HeForShe which promotes gender equality around the world. Throughout this website the two dominant colours are black and a subtle pink. This shows unity with the two symbols coming together being one. What I like about this campaign is the simplicity and the power within. Emma Watson is a very influential speaker and is trying to create something to make a difference. 
I could take forward the use of colours as well as the power within this campaign. This is a strong campaign that has been launched globally and has made an impact already. I would like to create something similar that Emma Watson did and create a banknote that could change the way people think about women and men. 


Another campaign that I found promoting gender equality is UK Feminista. Although I am not very aware of the campaign it didn't really feel like the website did it much justice. I thought that it was too heavy with information from the main page. I also wasn't sure on the choice of colour, I can understand that maybe they tried to choose a gender neutral colour however, it didn't feel like a fight for women. Personally I feel like the blue reminds me of a NHS website and didn't really have an impact on me. For my banknote I would like to keep it more simplistic and more directed towards women. 







No comments:

Post a Comment