Monday 18 April 2016

OUGD503 - Module Evaluation

For my end of module evaluation I believe this may have been my most successful one yet the most challenging one. At first I don’t think I was as motivated and didn’t produce enough work to show the teachers which looking back I do regret because I believe I have done a good job and would like to showcase my work to them in the future and not hide away. After putting everything bad to the side I believe I did a lot of experimentation and took a lot more time to look into my work and analyse it.

Throughout this module I have learnt a lot about myself as well as learning new techniques like Adobe After Effects. I was also put out of my comfort zone which I really enjoyed because I worked with new people that I haven’t had met before as well as exploring numerous briefs that I thoroughly enjoyed. At first I was very worried to start a live brief because I wasn’t aware of the pressure of time and managing things is something that I have struggled with. Although once I got all my research together I really did enjoy creating all of these briefs. I’m very happy with my choices of briefs as the work that I did get feedback on was very good to the point where people were asking who’s work is that to which I happily admitted was mine.

I believe a lot of good things happened for me throughout these briefs but especially studio brief 01. I believe I created 2 satisfactory album covers, 3 Emil and the Detectives book covers as well as a successful campaign. All 3 of these briefs are all very different however, this way I have learnt a lot about myself as well as having fun whilst creating these briefs.  I am very happy to see how I am progressing into a level 6 student and hope to carry on this work ethic onto the next module.

Although I believe a lot of my work was done to a satisfactory level I believe there is still room for improvement. Although I was very much involved with studio brief 02 I feel as if the absence of people in our group may have had a fall on some of our work. I feel as if I can still improve my communication skills with others in groups. I sometimes find it hard to explain myself and let others lead when maybe their designs/ideas aren’t the same as everyone’s in the groups. I also feel as if I could have done a bit more evaluating as sometimes I can just get so stuck into my designs that I forget my concept.

To conclude I think this module went very well for me. I have learnt a lot about myself and believe that I am progressing well into the next year. Although I believe this module has been stressful and difficult it is a module that I have enjoyed when producing work and have produced some exceptional work that I am very satisfied with. Looking back at this module I wouldn’t imagine myself creating even a third of what I have for this module this 2 years ago. I am also aware that I need to be more of vocal when working in a group exercise as I can be quite shy to suggest something. From this module I have learnt a lot about myself and have gained a lot more knowledge of techniques that I could use in further modules this year and next year. Looking back at this module evaluation I have started to gain more confidence in myself and my work. In my last module evaluation write up I said I need to gain more confidence and I believe I am starting to take more pride into my work. I hope to keep this work ethic up to the end of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment