Saturday 30 April 2016

OUGD505 - Studio Brief 01 - Further development

Carrying on from my previous post, I decided to turn the stroke into a fill and already it created more of an impact. Although other than the colour choice, nothing else feels feminine or matching my concept of promoting gender equality. 
I then decided to make the image slightly smaller and involve my henna designs within the mosque outline to make it more targeted towards women. Although when I put the design within the mosque outline it felt that the outline was losing it shape and became less visible as a mosque and more like a pattern. 

Trying different patterns that were lower to the mosque outline so that the mosque is more visible with the pattern to support it. 

After asking my peers in my class it was clear that the iconic image was too small in the previous designs. I decided to go back to a bigger outline and scale up my henna designs so that they had more white space within the mosque outline. I was also playing around with the type and seeing where it was best positioned and whether it worked. 

 Experimenting with type layout. 

I then decided to make the henna design pattern as the outline of mosque and it make more of an impact on me and other peers in my class. It matched my brief of promoting gender equality as well as matching my research of having something iconic which was the mosque  to match my banknote. 

No comments:

Post a Comment