Sunday 9 November 2014

Recriting myself (OUGD403)

I then decided to go back and re-crit myself. I started questioning myself whether this typeface really constructed the word ‘peaceful’. It consisted of a lot of harsh, pointed corners that wouldn’t really symbolize peaceful. I then decided to ask my table to crit my work and hand me over some opinions that could make my letters more peaceful. After sitting next to my table I decided to follow Liam Sayers’ advice on my typeface by making mine more subtle with less happening within.


So what I decided to do was to go back and design the Times Roman font whilst changing everything within the process. I decided to make the serifs more subtle so that they would be hardly seen. I then decided to round everything of because peaceful isn’t a sharp word and when something is pointed its deemed as aggressive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment