Sunday 16 November 2014

Evaluation of my module (OUGD403)


For my end of module evaluation I believe that the briefs went very well and I was satisfied with my final outcomes in general. I believe I have learnt a lot through this process especially using grids to make new letters as well as using grids to layout my work in InDesign. I enjoyed working in groups especially because we could bounce ideas of each other and we got to meet new people throughout the process and find out their skills and weaknesses.  What I enjoyed most throughout the module was creating my final lowercase letters and seeing the final product. I was very satisfied with my final outcome for the letters and was complimented by Simon and my friends for creating a typeface that looked peaceful. 

What I think I could do to improve is to blog more often and stop writing out the blogs and not publishing them. I feel that I participate in a lot of briefs and activities however I occasionally forget to transfer what I’ve learn/done onto my blog. I think this has been a massive learning step for me about the real world and what clients might expect from us. I hope to learn more throughout the year and am excited to see the next briefs. 

What I found difficult was the last brief and creating posters that would be seen as efficient and worth reading. I wanted to avoid using posters such as the NHS which people see and ignore normally because they are not visually effective. I wanted to create a set of 3 posters that would all transmit the message of ‘how easy it is to donate your heart.’ I was genuinely happy with the final outcome however, if I could go back and change my work I would work on my posters more to make them look more like a set rather than a message.  I think my research however, was very thorough as I enjoy researching something that I find interesting. 


To conclude, I think I could blog a lot more and I could use my notebook into practice a lot more. Another thing I would like to improve is photoshop. I attempted my best with photoshop for my final design in studio brief 04 with the help of Drew and think it went quite well as I am not very good with photoshop. However, I think my skills with illustrator have improved and I hope they continue to improve as we progress further and further into the year. Another thing I would like to improve is to design my design boards as I go along because they are quite time consuming and if I hadn’t started them earlier then I would of panicked to get it on time. One more thing I would like to do is to start reading the books that I have bought as I haven’t had enough time to even start them. I hope to start reading them during this week and when we have a bit more time off. 


No comments:

Post a Comment