Sunday 9 November 2014

Interim Crit (OUGD403)

This is the final piece that I have created for my interim crit which is now ready to be produced in illustrator.  I have decided to take on the subtle approach  however have decided to take off the serifs completely and round every corner off instead.  I have decided to use the letter ABC and XYZ to create my grid layout and use the grid to complete my typeface.

From my crit everyone liked the idea that I created by accident. I started using a sharpie on a  table to recreate my letter A and as it happened the sharpie pen went through the paper and onto some other paper and actually reminded me of a peaceful typeface. This typeface looks very peaceful however sadly would be too time consuming and difficult to create in illustrator therefore have used the outline create a simplified version on illustrator.

I believe this crit was very beneficial to me because it made it clear that this was now the typeface I wanted to continue with. I also started to look at whether  it would look more subtle and peaceful as lowercase and uppercase.
The photo above is of the original font - Times Roman. 




No comments:

Post a Comment