Sunday 9 November 2014

Newspaper research part 1 (OUGD403)

After being given the task to go and research a newspaper from Saturday 25th October 2014, I decided to skim read through all the papers and see what each one had in general.
The newspapers I bought were:

- Independant
- Yorkshire Evening Post
- The Sun
- The Yorkshire Post
- Daily Mirror

In each of these newspapers there was one story which was about the same topic, David Cameron refusing to pay £1.7bn. I decided to look at each title without identifying where they came from.




The next newspaper we see is the 'Yorkshire Evening Post' which is a local newspaper and is seen in page 8. This to me is surprising because I would of thought that this would be something that would involve us all. I also think that something like in page 3 'Actor's starring role in pub music revival' isn't as important as something that involves the EU therefore us. 



 
I think that the best written newspaper is 'The Independent'. This is because the independent features the story on the front of the newspaper and goes into further detail on page 8. The title is bold and clear. It also consists of a graph that shows who are the winners and who are losers. As well as a detailed article about the EU budget bill we see an analysis of what we expect to see.



Here are all the newspapers put together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment