Sunday 9 November 2014

Grid (OUGD403)

Our task was now to make our own grid for our own typeface.  This was a task that I especially found difficult because I found it hard placing the letter in the right place to draw off the letters.  I wanted to make sure each letter fit around the grid so that each line would be used as a guide.

I then attempted to design the Times font that I chose from my powerpoint and it was a lot more complicated then I thought it would be. There were a lot of serifs which made the graph more complicated and harder to understand.  Here is the final grid for Times.

I then created a few more letters that would be considered hard to draw within a grid and tried to place them within that grid. I personally feel that the grid was a success for me because I found it really difficult  at first but then this made my life easier creating the other letters. This is how it managed to come out.

I then attempted to create a grid with as many typefaces that I could because it was a struggle for me to choose that one typeface therefore I created a variety of grids. 

Here are a few design sheets that I managed to create using the grid.








No comments:

Post a Comment