Sunday 16 November 2014

Negative space (OUGD403)

We were given the task to design something that would consist of negative space. It could be subtle and it could only be one word. We see a lot of negative space designs used in logos such as the FedEx which has a subtle arrow in between the e and the x.
Another one is the key which consists of houses as the cut out. It is an American Institute of Archictects Center logo. 

At first I struggled to come up with a word that could be used with negative space. I then decided to think of various words that I enjoy and one of them was 'fashion'. I then decided to kern all my letters together and started playing around with the shapes of some letters. Here is my final outcome, I hope you can see the subtle negative space in this image. 


No comments:

Post a Comment