Wednesday 4 May 2016

OUGD505 - Studio Brief 02 - Sea Shepherd


In my peer feedback I was advised to look at Sea Shepherd. The Sea Shepherd Conservation Society is a marine conservation organisation which uses direct action tactics to protect marine life. What I like about this website is that it tells the 'mood' of the campaign by just looking at it. The website itself uses very dark, dull black colours to show that this is an expressive campaign. This is a campaign that I would like to relate to most. Throughout my campaign for overfishing I am focusing on making it interactive however, expressive. 

In my opinion something like Sea Shepherd or Overfishing should use expression to bring awareness to their campaign. I believe this because they are not well known enough to rebel globally and in my opinion rebellion is the best form of publicity, relating back to the May 1968 posters. What I like about Sea Shepherds is that they have a blog on their website that updates regularly and keeps you informed. I also like that their images and their actions speak for themselves; in the blog you can see how Sea Shepherds are exploding fishing boats that are illegal and shouldn't be there. Campaigns like Sea Shepherd use very dark dull colours to reach out to a target audience that want people to join them and help them bring down illegal fishing and other 'things' relating the sea and making it safer.
What I can use for my own designs is to create something that is going to be expressive and informative. Sea Shepherd do everything in a more dull manner, like their logo is very aggresive and minimal while their website is very dark showing how serious they are in this campaign. I also like how there is a place for everyone to blog their ideas as well as there being news and commentary being updated on the regular.

No comments:

Post a Comment