Monday 9 May 2016

OUGD505 - Studio Brief 02 - Initial Ideas

At first this brief was quite hard to understand. However, after a few group sessions in class I started to understand more of what I wanted to create. I decided to create a few ideas on paper first before going to the computer.  

From my peer feedback I was told to look at the words hooked, netted and caught. This was the basis of my initial ideas. I started looking more closely into those words and started creating little designs that involved those three words. 

For the first design I created a globe in the shape of the world to show the significance of overfishing and how much damage we can cause the world by killing off the fish. 

For the second design I wanted to use the idea of using a fishing hook. 
For the third design i wanted the fish to be caught on hooks to try and show it in an expressive way. 

For the fourth design I thought about using a traditional film like 'Finding Nemo' and making a campaign based on 'Finding Fish' as more fish are being taken out of the sea to benefit sales. 


I then got a bit more in depth with my drawings. Coming up with outcomes and explaining how they could relate to each other. 
For the first poster I had the vision of putting fish on hooks and showing the way that we catch fish and how we overfish by 2 or 3 times more than we should. This would be shown by the amount of hooks that would be visible on the poster. 

For the second poster I've researched numerous different ways to catch fish; line caught, trawled, seine, hooked and many more. With there being various different ways to catch a fish I was going to create a poster that would have stickers that people would put on with hooks, lines and nets that would show how the fish are being caught. 


I then had an idea that I wanted to use within my COP however, adjusted it in a way that I could use it within my practical work. I saw a way that would be interactive and using fish hooks to create an impact and make a poster eye catching and imaginative. The image on the left shows a cut out of a hook that is then folded onto the other side so that it hangs towards the bottom of the paper. I thought this was an interactive way to catch someones attention by having a poster has something hanging at the bottom of the paper. 


No comments:

Post a Comment