Monday 9 May 2016

OUGD505 - Studio Brief 02 - Logo development

For my campaign I decided to create a logo that would be informing people about overfishing. 

I started by design a net that is used to catch fish. I wanted to create something simplistic so it matches the theme of my campaign. However, I don't think it was bold enough or clear enough to show that the campaign was about overfishing. 

I then created an even more simplistic design of a fish net with a fish inside which is upside down showing that it is dead. I wanted my logo to be expressive and make an impact when you looked at it, showing that it was about overfishing. 

 I then went on to create a hook with a fish on it. The hook going through the fish shows how the outcome of fish unless we start acting on it now. 

I was then advised by my tutor to stick away from image logos and play around with type. After starting my publication I noticed that a lot of my work is very image heavy. Therefore, I decided to play around with the word overfishing and putting a net over the type to make a subtle message linking fishing and the word caught together. After speaking to various fish markets I noticed that a lot of their responses were that the fish that they buy are mainly caught on a line. Therefore I tried to use a bold typeface and put lines within to represent the word overfishing looking like it is caught. 


This is my final logo design. Throughout my campaign everything is very interactive therefore, by taking the letter F out it shows how fish are being taken out of the sea. The letter F also represents the word fish and by taking the letter F out with a hook it relates back to the sea and catching fish. I think this logo works best because it has the word 'overfishing' as well as a hook representing the actions of overfishing. As well as this, my campaign is quite expressive and interactive and I think this logo matches my campaigns identity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment