Wednesday 11 May 2016

OUGD505 - Studio Brief 02 - Development

Poster development 
Throughout all my posters, I wanted to create a set of 3 posters that are all interactive and eye catching. I wanted to keep it simplistic whilst being expressive. After looking at various animal cruelty posters I noticed that the posters were very aggresive however expressive. The posters in my research were creative and informative. Each poster produced a message within its creativity and thats what I wanted within my own posters. 


I wanted to make this poster different to a normal standard a3 poster that just informs you. Within this poster the fishing line connected to the fish would be cut out and left hanging towards the bottom of the fish showing them hanging by the fishhook. 



For this poster I downloaded a font from http://www.dafont.com/fishyprint.font which uses the alphabet to transform them into fish. For my original idea I wanted to create various fish that would be on the poster and have the fish trapped within the net of another poster. This would send a message across that we are overfishing as it would show how many different fish are in danger of being killed off. The last image with the words 'chaos' over the red shows how I would like to work my final poster. The net would be done with clear acetate posters showing how the fish are caught just like it is in the oceans. 

For the last poster I wanted people to be able to pull off the tab with the fish on showing the message that once you take it off you're not going to be able to put it back. I decided to put a quote in the middle of the poster to show the message that I am trying to get across. However, I think the quote overcomplicates the design and makes it hard to understand. The two posters above show how I would like my final poster to work. I will be adding more tabs towards my design to get a clearer message of how pulling one of the tabs off would affect the poster. This relates back to my research which shows how we are overfishing by 2/3 more times than we should be fishing. By pulling off the tab you are also taking off 4 out of the 6 fish which again shows how endangered fish are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment