Tuesday 17 May 2016

OUGD505 - Studio Brief 02 - Printing considerations

Final booklet publication: 
The paper that I bought for my final booklet publication was an A1 Colourplan of 135gsm with the colour choice being 'cool blue'.
Reasoning: I decided to use a very subtle 'cool blue' colour that wasn't too vibrant and matched my expressive campaign. The cool blue colour was to match the idea of the booklet being about waters and fish to which we can relate to as the colour of the sea which is blue. However, I didn't want a vibrant blue as it would take away from the simplicity of the publication which focuses on illustrations and information to inform you where you can help. 

Final set of three posters: 
Throughout all 3 posters the paper used was matt 235 gsm. I also used acetate paper to support one of the posters. 
I decided to use white matt paper as it was the right thickness for a campaign poster. I used see-through acetate paper because it was transparent and therefore created the image of fish being caught by the net. I had illustrations of fish on my booklet and wanted to create a vision of those fish being caught out by a net. This would illustrate ways that the fish are caught (line) as well as showing how many of those fish are actually caught. 

Using laser cutting for one of the posters:
For one of the poster I decided to laser cut the fish so that they would give the impression of the fish being hung by a fish hook. I decided to laser cut the illustrations of fish to save myself time instead of cutting each fish individually and making a human error. After being taught how to use the laser cutting machine it would make my campaign posters more efficient as more of the posters could be created at a shorter time therefore placing them around Leeds to encourage students and adults to campaign towards overfishing. 

Thoughts for improvement:
In the future I would adapt my overfishing logo so that the logo could also look like it was hanging my fish hooks which would relate back to overfishing and making the logo more interactive. As I sent my designs to the laser cutting machine I noticed that all 3 of my posters created could be cut at a large scale and put around Leeds and other cities to bring awareness to the campaign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment