Sunday 27 March 2016

OUGD503 - John Lewis - Research

Taking advantage that I come from London, I decided to take the initiative to go and take some photos of Oxford Street. I focused my research on the John lewis in Oxford Street and even arranged to meet up with a graphic designer from the John Lewis. Sadly, as I got there and spoke to the gentleman at his office he wasn't very aware of the brief and didn't give me anything that I could take forward. Overall it was still a nice experience to go and see the outside and inside of the John Lewis store that we are focusing on in our brief.

After taking a few photos and videos of the John Lewis store I decided to look around Oxford Street and take inspiration from stores around. This was a good way to research local trends in window display as there are a lot of modern and regularly updated window displays even for stores such as Nike, Zara and many more.

Here is a link with all the images that I took whilst in London. There are numerous images of general research that I did of windows however, if you scroll to the bottom of the link you will see images of John Lewis and where we focused our designs towards.

Please click on the following link for images -  http://imgur.com/a/frqnh

No comments:

Post a Comment