Tuesday 8 March 2016

OUGD503 - Monotype - Further Research

For my context of practice essay I have focused on May 1968 student revolution. The students of the May 1986 revolution used the same concept of type to get across messages of what they believed in. After doing some research on the posters it shows how much power type has. The student revolution consisted of screen printed posters which used typography in bringing out emotion and uniting students together.  A lot of these posters were distributed around Paris and used as a way of getting to other people and making them aware of what was happening. I personally really like the work that was created because everything was made for a purpose of a revolution and everything was done personally. The type was all done by hand as were the illustrations that went along side. The illustrations/images that have been used have been very minimal and only to help portray the image better for the viewer. 

For my own campaign I will not be using imagery but I will take forward the power that typography has and use it to its full. I intend to use strong typography to get my campaign across and this means using a bold and iconic typeface that could represent what I am trying to show. I intend to keep my designs minimal as these posters worked to a certain extent during the May 1968 Paris revolution.  I believe the posters are inspirational and iconic. 




No comments:

Post a Comment