Friday 22 January 2016

OUGD503 - Secret 7 - Final Outcome

Here are my final two album covers that I created for my Secret 7 submission. 

Jack Garratt - Worry
I decided to put in an illustration of a woman with red lip stick instead of focusing on purely the red lip stick as I have in my previous designs. The jigsaw pieces are meant to represent the lyrics:

"My nights are broken up by the sounds of women I’ll never meet
And when my eyes are closed I can start to feel you staring at me.
Pick apart the pieces you left"

The woman is meant to have pieces missing showing how he is picking up the pieces of puzzles that she has left behind hence why the piece isn't fully complete of the woman.


I decided to go back to my notes book and play around with the brush stroke. I decided to use the brush stroke that I used in my development and expand it so that there is more subtle blue with bits of white on it.

A white dove symbolises peace for its purity and serenity and relates back to the word heaven. The song is very calm and touching and I thought it needed to be minimal whilst being subtle with the doves which are all flying up towards the heavens.


"The skies above are blue My heart was wrapped up in clover The night I looked at you"

"Oh and then the spell was cast
And here we are in heaven
for you are mine..."






No comments:

Post a Comment