Friday 15 January 2016

OUGD503 - Secret 7 - Development

Etta James - At last.
With the use of skies and blues I created my own brush stroke and then started dabbing it around the page. I focused on the word Heaven, Skies and God. Everyones interpretation of God is different and I wanted to illustrate that in this. This reminds me of some higher power that doesn't have a face. We have never seen the face of God so why not illustrate a higher power with no face. The colour is very gentle and warm and links back to the word 'emotion and love'. 
Etta James - At last. 
Again, using a different brush stroke I created something that would remind you of dreams. Dreams are something that your mind makes up and create an image of thought. The centre point is white and slowly drags out further. This came from the idea of sleep that I had written down. As we go to sleep we see darkness and that darkness eventually turns into imagination and dreams. When I designed this thought, black was too harsh and aggressive. I didn't want to get across dreams as aggression but instead something warm with belief. 
Jack Garratt - Worry
This is an image that I thought was reality when I was younger. When I was younger I thought that our body ran like a cog and in a way it does. If one of these cogs stopped working than the others wouldn't turn. The words that I looked at were Headache, broken and damaged. I wanted this body to look as if he was laying his hand on his head whilst the cogs werent connected. The cogs are broken and therefore the reason as to why he is worrying. 


Jack Garratt - Worry 
A simplistic image that I wish I took forward. For me I panic when I think of solving a rubics cube. The Red lips were meant to show the woman who he has last and is now trying to pick apart the pieces. In this situation the pieces are pieced together but they can very easily be disjointed and broken again. I like that the centre is of red lips which instantly directs back to a woman whilst the rubics cube is there to represent worry of it falling apart again. 
Jack Garratt - Worry 
After using the same brush as I have done with my Etta James album cover, I decided to create it more into lips. This reminds me of a kiss on some paper and not all of the lipstick has stuck to the paper. The lips are not exactly lips but they could represent many words that I have looked at; broken, damaged, women, gentle, red lips. 
Jack Garratt - Worry
When I get a headache I feel as if I turn into various people. The most iconic image of someone with a headache is the holding their heads in pain. I wanted to show a change as this man walks from a subtle gray to a dark black to represent the pain he is going through.  
Again, Using the same image I played around with the negative effect of using the word nights, dim and headache. When I think of the word night the first word that came to me as moon. I wanted to represent a man walking through the moon on a dark day with a headache. The use of two colours shows split personality as you see two men; One walking normally whilst the other half above the moon shows him holding his head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment