Tuesday 12 January 2016

OUGD503 - Secret 7 - Initial Research

I always find it easier to have a rough idea of what I want to do with my art work. After mind mapping several words on my previous blog I decided to not look at the lyrics and use those words to try describe what is happening in the lyrics. 


I had to try recreate the word headache which I found difficult at first. I drew a sketch of a face and put lightning strike around to demonstrate the pain of a headache. The strike down the middle of the face is to represent the two sides that you feel when you get a headache. It is showing how split in two you are. 

The eye relates back to the words confusion hence why the question mark in a shape of a pupil. I wanted the eye lashes to be the centre point of attention with the eyelashes being different colours to represent sunshine as it was one of my chosen words. 







 Red lips placed in the centre of the CD cover with puzzle pieces left around. This is meant to show the lips of the girl that he(the artist) will not see again as he picks up the pieces. 

The closed eyes are very simplistic and easy to understand. The eyes almost look disappointed which again I try to show confusion. In the lyrics the woman has her eyes closed and this makes the image more recognisable and controversial as to why she has her eyes closed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment