Saturday 9 January 2016

OUGD503 - Secret 7 - Brief

As part of our Responsive brief we need to choose two small briefs and a big brief. 
As part of my small brief I have chosen to design two album covers for Secret 7.

This years chosen artists are;

- Chvrches - Clearest Blue
- Etta James - At last
- Jack Garratt - Worry
- The Jam - Art school
- John Lennon - Imagine
- Max Richter - Dream 3 
- Tame Impala - The less I know the better

Album covers are something that can not even relate back to the lyrics. However, I personally find it more interesting if you can relate back to the lyrics. Lyrics are there to make you think. If you can visualise that then it makes it easier for the audience to understand the artist and why he has chosen those words. I intend to make each album cover personal to the lyrics even if it uses just a word. 
After listening to each artist I have chosen Jack Garratt - worry and Etta James - At last because these lyrics relate most to me. This makes me want to design something that would make you think as to why I have designed this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment