Thursday 30 April 2015

OUGD406 - Module Evaluation

For my end of module evaluation I believe I did quite well on all of my briefs. My favourite briefs were Studio brief 03 and 04 because I could collaborate with students from my course. I enjoyed working in my group of 4 for studio brief 03 because it helped me work as a team player. A lot of our briefs throughout the year have been individual and to work with a random group and to have produced a final outcome together was satisfying. I enjoyed working with Paayal throughout studio brief 04 because we worked well as a team. Although we started as individuals we decided to collaborate because our concepts matched one another. I was very happy with the books we had created as well as the stickers which I will use for myself in the next year to remind me about certain things such as things I need to buy.

I think the brief that I didn’t do so well in was Studio brief 01 because I struggled to come up with a concept and struggled to produce work that was my style. Although I enjoyed the brief and enjoyed doing initial ideas throughout the brief I still struggled to come up with a final idea. However, I learnt how much you can get done within a week. The brief was very short however very intense and made me realise what I can achieve within a week of hard work. I believe there was room for improvement within studio brief 03 because I felt like I could put more input in within the group and help more within the designs. Although I created the social website and the bookmarks I think I could have contributed more towards other peoples work.

There were a few things that I could difficult. Firstly, organising myself throughout studio brief 01. I found it difficult to develop my work in order to have a better outcome. I also struggled at the start of studio brief 02 because I had created something that looked like an IT guide book which wasn’t the final look that I was going for. I had very little time to go and create something that was relevant to the book and would look like it would match the book. However, in the end I was very satisfied with my final outcome because I used grids to show the importance of text layout and I created something simple as well as placing the authors name on the side. 

To conclude, I was very satisfied with how this module came together. I had created 3 books with Paayal for studio brief 04 as well as a sticker collection that is something I’ve never tried before and would like to try again. I feel that this module was my most progressive one as it is the one that I learnt the most as well as had the most fun on. I believe my colour choice is getting constantly better as well as my typographic hierarchy and understanding what information comes first and why I’ve put that piece of text in that position. Within studio brief 04 I started reading a lot of cook books and this helped me influence myself to start reading more graphic design related books. In general, I was very satisfied with my final module and hope to work with more people in future briefs as I believe I learn the most from this and learn other peoples strengths which help me develop as a graphic designer.


No comments:

Post a Comment