Tuesday 21 April 2015

OUGD404 - Module Evaluation

For my end of module evaluation I believe the briefs went very well. I have come out with a successful book that informs people on what Esports gaming is. I enjoyed working in groups to create a colour theory, our own typeface and our own 3D typeface. What I enjoyed most was creating my final book because I learnt a lot about different methods to bind a book as well as learning the importance of grids, layout and white space. I was over the moon with my final outcome and had some a lot of positive feedback from my course friends.  

There are a few things that I believe I could have done to improve. Firstly, I think I need to blog more often as well as managing my time well. Although my attendance is very good I sometimes forget to blog important factors of OUGD404.  Although I have learnt a tremendous amount about page layout I feel that there is space to learn more and sometimes I am worried to leave white space when infact I think the pages that I have created white space are the ones that work best. I am ecstatic to have learnt so much from such a short amount of time. Also, with the amount of deadlines creeping up I am very happy to have finished earlier than expected.  

Things that I found difficult was the page layout. This is because I get worried that there isn't enough information on a page when actually there is more than enough. The thing I found most difficult was to manage my time with other briefs. Something that I wish I improved in my book was to add page numbers at the bottom of each page because from the feedback I was given people from my course believe that page numbers are important if you are to have a contents page. Another thing that I would of liked to tried was to work with other binding methods to see how they vary compared to my choice which was saddle stitched. 

To conclude, I believe I can blog a lot more and could potentially sketch a bit more to help me understand where I am going with this. I believe I have learnt a lot from Indesign which is something that I have never really got to grip with. I feel like my skills are improving and I understand how lay pages out correctly as well as placing a suitable colour scheme for the chosen piece. I believe my colour scheme worked well within my book as those are the colours that I associate Esports gaming with. Another thing that I would like to improve on is to read more books thoroughly because I seem to ignore a lot of existing books which help you with page layout, typography and colour choice. However, to finish, I was very satisfied with my final outcome and looked like something that I would pick up. I am also very happy to create something that I haven't seen been used around Esports gaming as I have been to conventions myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment