Tuesday 14 April 2015

OUGD406 - Studio brief 2 - Initial Ideas

What I like about the book is that it is very simple and has good use of text. The text is very bold and stands out in comparison to the book. However, I do not like the gradient or the choice of colour because it looks unappealing and looks like the book has been designed by someone random with little care.

Here are a few opinions of what my friends think the book looks like:

"Layout is nice however, the gradient and image is unnecessary. It looks mediocre"
"It looks modern however the typeface doest present anything and it looks conflicted"
"The photo is pointless as it is her on the keyboard, it looks very dull"
"I don't like the gradient its almost farmish and I don't like the colour choice"
"The gradient doesn't work however the gradient could be to do with web design"
"I actually like the gradient but I don't like the colour choice"
"It combines modernism and postmodernism and I do not like that. It is very misleading"

We worked together as a group to try come up with a concept for the book cover. 
We came up with some words that need to be addressed in the final book cover:
It needs to be: Different, supportive, active, fitting, accurate and straight and simple


No comments:

Post a Comment