Wednesday 15 April 2015

OUGD406 - Studio Brief 2 - Idea generation + Interim crit

 Here are a few examples that I have created to replicate the design process that Ellen Lupton talks about.
Here are two images that I liked because it shows the type being scattered around and being placed in the wrong place therefore making it hard to read and therefore contradicting the title of the book and how important it is to get the type in the right place for it to make sense.


 This is an idea that I wanted to try using Ellen Luptons 'create outlines' effect. I decided to create some type that was based on outlines that would show how each type was created.


These ideas were to show how grids work within the web design. I think its important to note down the importance of how grids work and how to style beautifully and how to function text properly. 



This is the idea that I decided to go with towards my interim crit. I liked the design because it is a web design book so I thought I would design a little mouse that would replicate the computer. I wanted the text to be placed perfectly around the book so that it could show how the grids are used and how it places the text in the correct place.

However, from the crit I was told that the blue is not a relevant colour with the mouse as it makes it look like an IT design book. After looking back at the book I believe this is very true and intend to make it more basic so that it follows the design principles that Ellen Lupton talks about throughout the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment