Wednesday 14 October 2015

OUGD504 - Studio Brief 02 - Logocreater - Idea generation

After looking at a large number of 'Kickstarter' projects, I started to sketch out ideas around a small sample of projects. This is a brief that I thought would put me deep in my comfort zone. However, I had trouble picking a company to design for. There were projects that I would have loved to work on because of the ethical projects. There were also projects that were not funded very well because their designs were not aesthetic and were not related to their project.  

I started by looking at 'SASS' which was a hairdressers app. My initial thought was that it should be text only. 'Sass' is a word that means lively, bold, and full of spirit; cheeky and I wanted to represent that in my work. A good way to represent the word 'sass' is in handwritten typography. The type that used consisted of my flatmates writing quickly to see a variety of ways or writing the word 'sass'.
Another project that I had a look as was GiFlybike. This is one that I originally wanted to take through to develop, however, I found it difficult to represent a 'fold' logo. The actual logo isn't very representative of what the project actually does. 
Here is a logo that represents the letter 'F' from filter water as this project didn't have an 'official' name. I wanted the filter to be used within the logo to show the importance of this project. This is a project that could potentially save lives and it was a project that I enjoyed looking at however, there is not enough information on the page to generate more than a few ideas.
Onewheel is the project that I have decided to take forward. While this project is already branded, I believe there is room for improvement.  A lot of my colleagues and housemates agreed that the original logo seems too serious and doesn't show the product's full potential. I decided to take forward the idea that it is one wheel. This project has shown me how easy it is to generate a variety of ideas on one topic. For example I have created various 'one wheel' icons that could all represent the project.
Here are two ideas that I would like to take further into my development.   




No comments:

Post a Comment