Saturday 3 October 2015

OUGD504 - Studio Brief 01 - Further development


I decided to have a play around with different coloured stock to see the impact on the iconography. Each icon now looks more recognisable, simple, and iconic. I decided to try the icons in a darker colour as well as trying the icons with the colour black on orange which I did not think worked. 


I then decided to try two colours which were more playful and worked better with the colour white as it is something that I was told to try in my crit. After putting the two pieces of paper together to see how it could potentially look, I noticed that the tabs were not put the right way and there were spelling mistakes. From my development, I have noted the importance of choice of colour and how it could make or break my design. 

After listening back to the feedback, I decided to try some different coloured stock paper. I felt that these colours are a lot stronger and work better together. 


I chose a brighter stock to allow the dark text content to stand out as well as the illustrations. Contrasting the dark text against light stock allows for ease of read, and also it looks a lot more aesthetically pleasing instead of just using plain white cartridge paper.


I decided to try out another coloured stock as the orange could be portrayed as a little too harsh in terms of how powerful a contrast it creates. The yellow is a lot softer, and makes the entirety and makes the whole thing a lot more visually pleasing. It looks a lot more inviting in terms of something that makes you want to interact with. 




No comments:

Post a Comment