Sunday 4 October 2015

OUGD504 - Studio Brief 01 - Evaluation

End of brief evaluation

For Studio brief 01, we had to produce a folded leaflet that would inform the person picking it up, what is 'The Design Process'. Within this leaflet there need to be specific and relevant information that I need to put in and word in order for the leaflet to make sense. This brief has reminded me the importance behind 'the design process' and how everything we do revolves around it. This brief is very good to start with because it will help us all understand the design process so that we could be familiar with it throughout the whole year. I myself have learnt a lot more by revisiting the design process.

What I enjoyed the most about this brief was that we got a chance to get familiar with the basics of graphic design again and how we got a lot of feedback. This was a tough brief because it was our first brief that was set to us. I enjoyed looking at various net graphs to create something that I haven't done before. This whole week has been a massive learning experience for me because I have created something that I haven't done before. 

I found a few things difficult with this brief. Firstly, I found it difficult to create icons that were simple enough for someone to understand. This project was to teach anyone about the design process and I think it is a topic that is quite hard to explain to someone who isn't a designer. Another factor of the brief that I found difficult was organising the text boxes and the icons around my hexagon net graph. The hexagon net graph confused me because the order of the text was different when it was flipped on the other side of the leaflet. This is something that I had help with from James in the printing room. 

What I could improve in for the next brief is my colour choice. I feel I can improve in this area. I also feel like I wasn't giving enough feedback to my classmates because I am not comfortable about speaking out loud sometimes. Although I believe I have improved from last year, my research could still improve. After having a seminar with Fred about research I have understood how central research is to all of our work. 

To conclude, I am very happy with my attitude for the first week of university. I believe that I am already changing into a more mature designer and understand the importance of feedback. Living with two other graphic designers has helped me to improve my work as we are constantly giving one another feedback. 

No comments:

Post a Comment