Tuesday 2 February 2016

OUGD503 - Emil and The Detective - Initial ideas


A small mind map to help me expand my knowledge of what I could relate to Emil and the Detectives. 












Trying out some hand written writing. I tried to use varied sizes of different pens, colouring pencils, felt tips and many more to try match the child like feel towards the book. 











My concept is using gaming ideas that I or my friends have used in the past. When I was younger I used to love doing the back of the cereal puzzles. I remember there was always a childish game on the back on each cereal such as Frosties or Nesquik. The concept is going to children based covers with an adult twist on it. Therefore I want it to suit both children and adults. 

Childish style games. Treasure chest map idea.  














A few quick sketches of ideas that I would like to take forward. 

(Numbers going from Top right to Right)

1: Detective in magnifying glass.
2: Using the shadow of the bowler hat to create the thiefs shadow. 
3: Circles all around with one circle having a bowler hat. 
4: Spot the difference
5: Maze map
6: Tic Tac Toe with money, bowler hats etc. 
The theme of the story is set in Berlin. I wanted to set a Berlin theme with people walking around and the child looking inbetween adults legs to find clues around. When I was younger I remember running in between peoples legs to try find my parents because I was so small.  
Child looking for a bowler hat with a shadow behind of the thief. 

Dot to dot theme where the children can match the numbers together to form a bowler hat which could give the child the first clue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment