Sunday 28 February 2016

OUGD503 - Emil and The Detective - Further Development


I find it useful to go on dafonts.com and search for some childish playful typefaces. Here is a selection of typeface that I had played around with. I decided to choose DK Crayon Crumble because when I think of children inspectors I think of myself when I was younger playing with crayons and doing puzzles.  
I decided to use the same colour background against a black typeface as these two colour contrast each other and come across as childish which is the concept that I am going for.



For the brief it says the front cover should be able to work on it's own. I wanted to make sure that the following designs were eye catching and iconic. I personally got very good feedback on my designs from a lot of my peers. 

Playing around with the positioning of the text. I got mixed feedback between this image and the image below. I personally got too confused with the text being in the middle and felt a bit out of place. I went further with the text being at the top. 











Second image. 
Here I made the two characters almost have two sides which is divided by the positioning of the text. I think it really works here and shows who the two main characters of the story/plot are. 
I kept the positioning of this front cover very simple and let the illustrations speak for what this book is about. I really wanted to exaggerate the illustration and make it subtle to understand for both children and adults. 

No comments:

Post a Comment