Wednesday 10 December 2014

Looking at shapes and patterns. (OUGD405)

I was looking at various shapes that I could use for my final photo frame backing paper. I decided to go back to basics and try create something simple and subtle. I was trying to create something that would be different and would stand out for the wrong reason. The designs were overcomplicated and didn't look like they would fit in any shop.
I decided to look at shapes and how they can be used to create a pattern. Here are a few;



For these designs I liked how simple and geometric the shapes were. I also liked the colour choice making each square different whilst working together.  I was thinking of creating something similar to this that would draw your attention and make it eye catching. I want my design to almost give the buyer a preview of what they could potentially use within their frame. 





I then started to look at various shapes that could work within one another and the use of repeating a shape. I almost wanted to create an illusion of shapes that are put together to make it more eye catching and to make it stand out to the other frame photos that I've seen.
I like how the shapes put together create a pattern and make the page more colourful and urban. 






No comments:

Post a Comment