Sunday 15 February 2015

OUGD404 - Studio Brief Two - Study Task Four

 We had to go to Vernon Street to learn about different book bindings. This was a workshop with Andy to help further our understanding of books and how they are bound together.


The first book we learn about was the concertina bind which was my personal favourite. This binding I thought was the most creative and something that I haven't seen before. I like the idea that it can be pulled apart to almost be like a little leaflet. It is made from sheets of paper being stuck together to create the concertina.
The second book we got taught is the saddle stitch which in my opinion would work best for my book as it is an informative book and I would intend to give this book out in events within Esports gaming for people who are not familiar with Esports.  I really like this book binding because it is simple and cheap to make. I want my book to be easily open and therefore would prefer this method of binding.






For my final book I looked at Japanese binding which in my opinion was the nicest to look at but the hardest to work with. The book in itself is very hard to read and requires two hands to hold and read which isn't ideal for someone trying to learn about what Esports gaming is.

No comments:

Post a Comment